WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Includes a driver’s 5-year crash history and 3-year roadside inspection history, including all safety violations cited during an inspection
- Includes data from all CDL numbers a driver has held for the past 5 years.
- Always includes original violation regardless of whether it resulted in a different conviction.
- Managed by FMCSA using the Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS) so data is country-wide and up-to-date.
- Motor carriers can access PSP records in one place by simply enrolling in the PSP service.
- Includes a driver’s motor vehicle convictions in a given state; citations, warnings and tickets yet to be settled in court will not appear
- Includes only data from the driver’s CDL issued by that particular state
- Only includes events that resulted in a conviction by the state.
- Managed by individual states; data is updated periodically depending on each state’s resources and process.
- Motor carriers can access an MVR by contacting the motor vehicle division in the license-issuing state.