PSP VS MVR
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Includes a driver’s 5-year crash history and 3-year roadside inspection history, including all safety violations cited during an inspection
- Includes data from all CDL numbers a driver has held for the past 5 years.
- Always includes original violation regardless of whether it resulted in a different conviction.
- Managed by FMCSA using the Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS) so data is country-wide and up-to-date.
- Motor carriers can access PSP records in one place by simply enrolling in the PSP service.
- Includes a driver’s motor vehicle convictions in a given state; citations, warnings and tickets yet to be settled in court will not appear
- Includes only data from the driver’s CDL issued by that particular state
- Only includes events that resulted in a conviction by the state.
- Managed by individual states; data is updated periodically depending on each state’s resources and process.
- Motor carriers can access an MVR by contacting the motor vehicle division in the license-issuing state.
How to get started on your quote
To get started on your quote, call our office or click over to our quotes page. Either way we'll make the process simple!